Hello, my name is Carl Watkins. Among other things, I am a writer. I have done a wide variety of fiction and non-fiction work. Most of my fiction tends to be of the sci-fi or fantasy nature, while my non-fiction work tends to dwell on some of the nerdier things such as video games and movies.
Recently I accepted an invitation to be an editor at Guerrillageek.com. I have been a contributor at the site since November of 2010.
I am the co-creator and co-host of a podcast called Kneel Before Pod. It’s a weekly show that covers video games, books, movies, television and the likes. We sometimes have interviews and special features such as movie commentaries.
As far as my education, I spent some time after high school at Muskingum College in New Concord, Ohio where I studied music. After a few years, I decided that there is no reason to pay good money for a degree in unemployment, so I decided to try and make it as a musician. With some moderate success in bluegrass music, I decided it was time to get a real job for awhile to support all my creative and less lucrative endeavours.
I sometimes find myself looking at other people’s websites and blogs, only to get frustrated by the lack of personal information given. I’m no stalker, but sometimes it’s nice to know a little bit about the person that’s writing the article you’re reading. So here’s a short little list of personal info.
Birthday: March 12th
- Sci-Fi (Firefly, Farscape, Stargate, Star Wars, Star Trek, Doctor Who, X-files)
- Video Games (Half-Life, KotOR, Team Fortress, Fallout, Neverwinter Nights, Peggle)
- Edutainment (NPR, Discovery Channel)
- Soccer (US National Teams, Columbus Crew, Liverpool FC)
- Comic Books
- Internet Culture
- unsweetened tea (iced and hot)
- People that don’t obey traffic laws
- Close minded people
- The “SyFy” rebranding
- Halo (Sorry, I have played FPS games on the PC for years. Halo isn’t special)
- People that will get upset because I don’t like Halo
- How Dan Jurgen handled the return of Superman after his death
- Root Beer
There you have it kids. A little bit of professional and personal insight to me.
Any questions, comments or business can be directed at email@example.com